Saturday, December 04, 2004

Ain't no such thang as half-way crooks......

I was sitting here thinkin' what the fuck am I doing??? Am I happy with the choices I've made, was I meant to still be in Cali? Was I supposed to be a single parent? Was getting out of the Navy the right decision? And suddenly it hit me, like a bitch caught with anotha bitches man.... Hell Yeah! Everything I've done was what I WAS SUPPOSED to do. I try to tell folks all the time, our lives are already written, you need only say your lines. Of course, we sometime flub or completely fuck up a scene, but you have the power to get back on track, get back into the game.
I once thought that I was real, real poppin'. Naw that wasn't the case, my priorities were just FUCKED UP!!!

Around 1998 when I returned stateside from my last duty station in Manama, Bahrain. I was on ONE!! I thought that I had to be at erythang!! Every party, every happening. Shit I was in LA so much I should have had my mail forwarded.

One night, I am at the Garden Of Eden, and it's CRACKIN' . Dino, the tyrannical, psychotic doorman is there of course, he sees me and is like what up San Diego? come on it (I should have known then that I was tooo damn regular). ERYBODY, and I mean erybody was there. I knew many "STAR" type Niggas by name, had their two-ways and cell numbers and dem niggas would be like what's up Bama? (Since I am from Alabama). I wasn't giving up no ass (momma ain't raise no "HO").

I was just cool to chit chat with whilst in the spot. I also kept in touch in case I needed pull to get into a private function or I wanted to know where the haps was. So needless to say I was so souped. As I was sitting on the patio watchin these wanna be America's Next Top pseudo-Models. With Fake titties, Contact Lenses and weaves so long, that Rapunzel would have been on some Hater Shit!!

I was like man this ain't me. Here I am, an educated woman, making GREAT ass Paper legally, a hard working, single parent, homeowner, rubbing shoulders with bitches that were probably sleepin' in their cars or still at home with Moms, wearing clothing with the tags still attached (as for an easy early Monday AM return), asking mufukers, Please listen to my demo..... And just waiting on their next big break.....
TRANSLATION: They were trying to get impregnated by any mufuker on a ball team (foot, basket, base, kick, whatevah).

I mean there were genuine Pussy Wholesalers on site. I was sitting outside ducking weed smoke, cuz I don't smoke. I just wasn't feelin it. U have to be all the way in and I was a fake ass "Faker". I was not Groupie. I just wanted to be where the party wuz... Needless to say I wasn't doing well. So I realized that I could miss a few parties, I was no longer a "CLUB" Hostage. I started to read more and I realized that I didn't need to be at every FUCKIN thang! I missed it like Pookie on that crack for about 2 months, then the urges started to subside and I could sleep peacefully on a Friday and Saturday night without worrying about what I was missin.... I am happy to say that was years ago and I can now stay home and watch Mad TV, Saturday Night Live and of course, CHEATERS!!!!



-------Another TRUE STORY-------

Me and my girlfriend went to LA to see one of those Medeas plays and we stayed the weekend to shop and do dinner and the like. Of course we went out. Whilst at the Garden Of Eden (oh yeah it still Pop the fuck off!!!) I saw an old friend, his brother is that nigga for beats on the West Coast (You know I ain't gonna name drop) but anyway.... he had his cousin with him and she was kinda drunk. Next thing you know she asks me and my girl if we want to smoke, we were both like naw, we cool... Few minutes later she holds her hand out and is holding the biggest


" ROCK of CRACK" I had ever seen in person or on TV, and asked if we wanted a hit. I almost shitted!! I ain't never heard of sharing CRACK with strangers..... I guess that's how they do it in LA!!!!

4 comments:

officer nice! said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dayrell said...

LMAO! That sh*t was funny as hell! You are one funny chick. Anyway...Yup!...Unforunately Southern Belle...that IS how they do it in L.A sista!

LOL!

:)

Southern Belle said...

I actually know the cat that is behind the "Bru Code" and have mad love and respect for him not only as a Blogger, but as cool peeps, so I take that as the highest compliment... SB

laura said...

Well let's see. I grew up with kids who's names were stallion, denim, demondre', dynasty, shar'landra, mureaa (maria), caerulean, diamoneisha, and the most common...i kid you not....neickel, (nickle) three kids were named that...