Saturday, December 18, 2004

The Truth, you can't handle the truth???

To my blog fam.....Happy New Year. I hope you are able to stick to your resolutions and they make you healthier, happier and more blessed than you were last year.

Aiight, aiight... I know I was gone for a lil bit, but I took a 13 day vacation for the first time in over 6 years. Yes, you heard it right, I ain't had that many days off since James got killed in Alaska (ala Good Times...) anyway.

I had a lot of time to spend with my family, lots of time to read, do crosswords puzzles (I am hooked) and mucho time to just relax. Sleep late and get up when my body woke me up or Chuck the Cocker Spaniel wanted attention.

Believe me when I say it was hard for me to get up this morning. I almost called in for one MO sick day..... Can you believe I had over 300 emails. Damn, was I the only one off work?? As I was checking out the web I found the actual speech that Bill Cosby delivered at the NAACP rally and I wasn't too upset with what he has to say. I am a 100% participating parent and I know that your kids are a product of what you they see and hear from you. For instance I love hip-hop and my son does as well, we don't like the same artists but I am sure he gets his love of rap from good ol Moms. Yet, I also listen to Jazz and Classical music, so needless to say you can go into his bedroom and his XM radio is crackin 50 Cent, Nina Simone and Bach. He is a product of his surroundings, and I have created that surrounding...... Here is the actual speech http://www.enoughisenoughcoalition.com/Sounds/Bill%20Cosby%20NAACP%20short.wav Listen and let me know what you think...... I miss you all so much. I'm baaacckkk!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to have you back and I'm glad that you continue to go wo website www.enoughisenoughcoalition.com
continue to pass on info and be strong President.
Enough Is Enough Coalition