Saturday, December 18, 2004

REAL Old school....

Today I want to talk to you about "Real" old school. If I hear one mo rapper refer to their style of rapping as "Old School"... Ioun know how a 17- 23 yr old can even ack like they even know what old school is....

I will attempt to run down exactly what old school is...Listening to cryin' ass Keith Sweat and wishing he was "Giving all his love to you" and almost passing out while tryin to do the "Salt & Pepa", don't play!!! I damn near passed out in a pair of spandex pants, a truck ass gold rope with my name plate, about 17 rings on both hands and a leather jacket one balmy night in the Philippines (that's a WHOLE other story, maybe anotha time)!!

Aiight, do they know what is really Old School? Chic jeans with the different color stitching, Jordache Jeans with the horse head on the back pocket, and Calvin Kleins with the Loop on the back pockets, now that there was "Old School"

Let's not forget when you saw me rocking my "Reversed Jheri Curl" whilst freaking my red Michael Jackson jacket, yes, Haters I said MJ Jacket, the one with 423,875,198 zippers. Now that there was real old school.

Getting dropped off at the skating rink by yo moms and having her announce your name over the intercom, telling you "Nita, yo momma is here and it is time to go" that is real, real, old school. Especially, if she came to get you in her housecoat with rollers in her head!! Talkin' bout shamed!!! Ioun even want to go there, I thought those years of therapy had me skrait.

I am going to list what really was old school, and I will be needing a lil participation to make sure I ain't miss no-thing.....

1. Ironing with that starch that you made yourself by simply adding water. Oh don't ack like you ain't eat the otha starch, you know the Argo in the burgandy box.... I ain't forgot!
2. Remember when people bleached their own jeans and somebody overdid it and their jeans dry rotted!! Aiight, maybe that was just on my bus.
3. A fight could be started by one of the following manners:
a. By either passing a lick via delivery from an anxious viewer and/or friend.
b. Crossing an imaginary line.
c. Knocking a stick off of the opponents shoulder.
4. Eating a pickle whilst sucking on a peppermint, simultaneously.
5. Going to the $1 dollar movie, yet you could get in by bringing a canned good during the holidays.
6. Also, going to said $1 dollar movie in hair rollers & head scarf, since I had to go to school the next day (not only old school, but ultra Geto).
7. Pledging a high school sorority, fraternity or club (don't forget stepping in step shows and supporting their wfunctions/parties). My mom made me get off line because I had to buy a box of Snickers for my Big Sisters. Momma said, "Let them heifers buy they own candy, I ain't spending my money on they asses, I ain't taking you to no more pledge meetings and that's final" I thought I would just die!!!
8. Throwing the newspaper whilst atop my moped, for xtra Monies, (but not that heavy ass Sunday Paper, Moms had to help her guhl out).
9. Driving to all the functions (parties, skating rink, movies, football/ Basketball games) in a 1972 Deuce and a Quarter aka Buick and charging all riders $2.00 for gas money, DON'T PLAY!! At least I had a car and a fill up of REGULAR gas wuz bout $6.00. duhhhh. Yeah and I kept the change.

I await your inputs.....
Happy Holidays from yo guhl who used to not only push but also wash weekly her Sky Blue, 1972 Chevrolet Impala with the rust on the hood!! I ain't nevah scared.

Holla @ yo guhl.

3 comments:

GeckoGirl said...

LOL! Most people look at me crazy when I talk about high school frats. Must be a southern thing.

Fresh said...

I feel ya' LOL!

Unknown said...

Your mom and dad and their drunk friends having a party in the basement and they call the kids down and make them dance and give the winner $1.00 !!!