Monday, December 13, 2004

Ode to "Stringer Bell"


For all that know me, you know how I feel about Idris Alba aka Russel "Stringer" Bell on HBO'S "The Wire". He was KILT last night by crazy ass Omar and Brother Mouzone aka Bowtie bka Greazy Mouth.

Here is the dialog that let me know there was some shyt in da game... Stringer asked Slim to Murder Senator Clay Davis and Avon was like naw, neer......

Avon - "I think Slim gone have to sit this one out boss. So, now we hittin state senators, hunh? We do that, we gone have everybody on us from the police, to the feds, everyone"
Stringer - "He took our money"
Avon - "You a fuckin business man. I told you he was gone do that. What I tell you about them fuckin away games,hunh"
Stringer - "Well, now he got to go"
Avon - "Naw, man. You ain't down with that. You don't get all gangsta wild and shit. Naw. You got fuckin beef with them? This shit is on you."

Yeah, yeah, yeah I knew that Stringer was setting up Avon because he was still on this Wild, Wild West type shyt. But damn, to have yo folks MURKED!!! I guess it was he who gits did first wins!!! Cause Avon is still gone get his next week, believe DAT!!! If I have to go and shoot the neer myself!

When I saw Omar fire those 3 shots into Stringer's Butta soft leather jacket, which he so tastefully matched with a Butter colored Polo shirt, I swear I thought I saw his life pass before my eyes. I screamed, I jumped up, I woke up my son and the dog. B was just looking at me like I was RETARDID!!! He is so very understanding, he allows this CRUSH I have on a TV Character.

There are a few ways Stringer can come back next season:
1. He was wearing a Bullet Proof vest (please, please and please let that be the case)
2. He was dreaming, ala General Hospital style.
3. He has a Twin and the twin was who got MURKED!!
4. He is in a coma and running the street whilst on life support!

No matter what, he will always be the only man who could play the following characters convincingly. We all remember "Midnight" from Sista Soulja's book "The Coldest Winter" and no doubt he would be the only one to play "Quadir" from Terri Wood's infamous "True to the Game" fame. If you like Stringer you will love these here hood novellas!! Oh yeah, somebody tell Ms. Jada about Idris, so she don't cast somebody reel phuked up in "The Coldest Winter", yes lil' Momma got the Movie rights!!!

Let me get myself together... I shall pour out a little Dirty Martini for my DEAD Homie.... As I wipe my eyes and try to move on and remember the good times.. If you listen I bet you can hear "I miss you" by KLYMAXX playing softly in the background. Stringer Holla @ yo guhl, I'll always have a special place for you in my heart, until next season....

13 comments:

ManNMotion said...

Yeah, I was surprised about String too when they shot him. To me, was the whole point of the Wire. He was the untouchable one. I'm still gonna watch it though. And I'm lookin forward to seeing him do well in other roles (hopefully not limited to chick flicks). :)

Anonymous said...

Stringer Bell is gone. Not forgotten. He's just like D'Angelo. Actually, for all of the stuff he did in the street, Stringer should have been killed a while ago. The person I feel the worse for is...oops, was his new girl. That girl can't catch a break for anything. Both of her two men have been killed.

Kazumi said...

Hey. It's a small world. My linesister Chandra has a cousin who knows you. I think the cousin's name is Traneice or something like that.

Southern Belle said...

Kajuana: email me at trinita_@hotmail.com, we need to chat. I swear I am starting to remember a Chandra...

Southern Belle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Humanity Critic said...

Ok, I am glad that I found your blog because I agree with one of your theories. This is why I think Stringer could still be alive. 1) When Avon asked Stringer about the time of his appointment, Stringer looked at him kind of funny. Maybe Stringer got wise and decided to wear a vest. 2. If Stringer was wearing a vest, it would of saved him since every bullet that hit stringer was in the chest area. Who knows??

Anonymous said...

If you like Idris Alba in "The Wire", you are going to love him in "Sometimes in April". Girl, he was outstanding. I hope one of your theories is right, and he comes back to the show.

PEACE!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! Somebody, anybody...just bury me now!!! I can't believe that they killed my man!!! He was my reason for watching!! I had to go see him in Daddy's Little Girls just to get my fix (wasn't the same though)! Man, there's something about a business man coated with the amour of the hood....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Stringer is not dead, he had a bullet proof vest on. He is too fine to die even though he is a crook. He adds class to Avon.
I hate violence, but love me some "Wire".

Anonymous said...

well ya'll thank dem names iz ghetto here deeze...






trycyclelazsia
bycycleshia
r'monikalistaquit
joqqwanee
kwreetia
qwshanti
gerkoria
geraldnisha
deshamonn
shahirra
jakayla
hashirra
aushanique
breashalaa
dontquitta
omoreaye
jermainya
yoshiqwa
shayleekwa
karrizma
onyae


yea i kno dem sum ghetto names whoa... who even names there kidz names like dat. well my babys guhs names iz cute and ghetto when i have dem...no i dnt have kidzz datz jux names i think iz kute.

K'hirra
K'neezsia
Ajzsia



here ma boiz


Khidir
Qwa'Shawn
X'Zaveon

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Yeah, I was surprised about String too when they shot him. To me, was the whole point of the Wire. He was the untouchable one. I'm still gonna watch it though. And I'm lookin forward to seeing him do well in other roles (hopefully not limited to chick flicks
Leather Biker Jacket