Monday, October 18, 2004

Cocaine is a Powerful Drug, shit but so is love.....

I entitled this entry using the infamous words of the late great Super Freak, Rick James. For years Crack had him in the choke hold, had him burnin folks with hot Crack Pipes until he was ready to change. You have to be high to make somebody smoke crack and them burn them with yo hot ass crack pipe!!! ANYWHO, I got a phone call this weekend that really sent me into shock, not like somebody had to put a spoon on my tongue, I didn't have a Grand Mal seizure, just small shock. One of my boys from da Crib has been fighting like Pookie, to get off dat Crack for over 16 yrs. I mean baby boy has been to prison, rehab, boot camp, locked in the house, living on the screet, kidnapped by dope boys and almost killed and still he said and I quote, "It be callin' me"!

I was so unsure of what to tell him, so I just asked God to guide my mouth on this. I ended up telling him the same thing I tell my girls when they complain about they mens. "You ain't gone get off the ride until YOU get tired". I can't will nobody to put down that glass Dick. All I can do is chit chat with them from time to time, keep them in prayer and hope for the best. We are all on our own timetables. Just because Jackie went CRACK Cold turkey and was back working at Popeyes in a week, that don't mean you will be able to do the same. Now I ain't just talking bout Crack. I am talking bout life. People need to stop comparing themselves to the JONES'.
Do you and when you really want to make a change, you will, not a minute before or a minute. Well I am thru preachin for today....

and remember in the infamous words of "G Money" in New Jack City, right before Nino Brown took him out, "CMB, CMB, I am my brothers keeper. We all we got!" Believe it or not, we are all we got. Stay true....to yourself.

No comments: