Sunday, November 07, 2004

I am searching for the words.

One of my bestest of friends in the entire world lost her Mom this morning. I too lost a friend today. A sweet soul that had done her time in this place and needed to move on for peace and serenity.

I don't know what to do first, do I cry, do I scream, do I be still, should I be quiet? I know that God hears the silent prayers that I am offering up. I think I will just pray for her spirit and pray for her family and pray for all of my family and friends that I don't speak to as often as I should, I ain't that damn busy.

I wish for them.....
Happiness. Deep down within
Serenity. With each sunrise
Success. With each facet of their lives
Love. That never ends.
And most of all close and caring friends to guide them through.....

I spoke to my mother who always likes to discuss when she is called "Home", today I listened and silently cried, I not only tried to hear her, I was intently listening.

Old folks are full of wisdom.

I pray that I am not so selfish that I would want her to stay here with me, if her quality of life was not such that she would want to be here as well. I pray for patience and peace.

As I type this I have to wipe my eyes, just the thought of my mom not being here is enough to break me down.....

As a matter of fact get off the computer and call your Mom, call your Dad, call your Mudear, call your Big Momma, Call Nanna... Do that for me.
Beloved and be loving,
Me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's very sad. I can not understand what that feels like but I guess it must be an awful feeling. I recently lost my great-grandma. At the beginning I was kind of sad, but as time went by I became sadder and sadder to the point that I started crying for no reason. I'm sure your friend and you are going to okay, time is the the best healer. I will keep your friend and definitily you, in my prayers.

Brown Shuga said...

My heart and prayers go out to you, your best friend and her family. I was in your shoes a couple of years ago when one of my best friend's mother past. Words cannot express how I felt. I too felt like I lost a friend of mine. So I understand completely how you feel. Do your best to be there for your friend. She'll need you during this time as well as after it all comes to pass.
On a happier note, thanks for hitting me up on my page. I was rofl when you said you used to have a small stroke when Fraggle Rock came on. (smile) Take care girl!