Thursday, November 04, 2004

A woman in harmony.....

I think I am that woman. As a Matter-of-Fact, I know I am that woman. It ain't about where I am geographically, who I am with (though that helps) or what I am wearing, it's an internal thing. I am in harmony with myself, my family and just my life overall.

I go where I will, I do what I must and I eat what I hunt.
All that to say I've been making my own way and creating my own destiny on my own terms and shit has been real, real sweet. Now don't get me Phuked up. There are bumps in this journey, but I ain't on somebody else's back, I make my own hell at times. I must admit in the past I have made shit harder than it necessarily has to be. I will take the "L" for that, but that doensn't occur too often. I am usually as peace as a lamb, albeit a crackin' ass lamb, yet still a LAMB!

I no longer bite my tongue, I say what I think I need to say to clear my conscious and my heart, now I don't just get all Tourette's Syndrome and shyt. I try to temper my speech, but I no longer let things fester and fall into the recesses of my mind where when they do surface they do so along with the angst of being held back for so long that the receiver is not able to distinguish the message from the PHUCKED delivery.

Mane I like being grown. The Journey at times has seemed real, real fucked up. But I realize a lot of the rides I've taken to get here and they were kinda fucked, but after arrival... aight let me illustrate.

(here goes another.... True Story....
Real SHIT.....When I was 12 I wanted to visit my aunt and uncle who lived out in Cali, I was living in Alabama at the time so it sounded like and adventure, how true that turned out to be. Of course we couldn't fly because my aunt was afraid to fly, so we had to take THE DOG (Greyhound).
We must have been on that fuckin bus for 2 weeks. Me, her and my 4 lil cousins ranging in age 8 to 3 yrs old. Oh yeah this was the trip from hell!!

By the way, did I mention that she was a paranoid schizophrenic and she stopped taking her medication? We ended up in fucking Colorado or somewhere real fucked up. I called my Moms collect cryinin' because my Aunt was seeing shit and talking to the air and we had no more food because she had drunk it up or something real fucked. I just so happened to have a $20 in my purse, so you know I ate junk food Mammy.
By the time we finally reached Cali I was sick as a hostage and shitting like a DUCK. I just wanted to go back home. But my Uncle saved the day. Mane we went to DISNEYLAND & KNOTT'S BERRY FARM. I had forgotten how FUCKED up the trip had been, all I knew was I loved the hell out me some Mickey & Minnie Mouse.

But after about a week reality set in that my Aunt was fuckin nuts and that talkin to the air shit was tooo damn NOT cute and I wanted to get my lil Ass back to BAMA!!!

All that to say the JOURNEY Was sorta psychotic but once I got there it was on....
It's all about how you act once you get there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cann't stop laughing about your story. I'm sure it was scary and not funny at all back than but makes me realize that sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Your story has inspired me to do what I should of done a few months ago. Thanks true southern belle.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.